Education Reimbursement Policy
Effective October 1, 2012
Every fiscal period the Board determines an amount available to reimburse members for wilderness first aid training, Board development, and other training as approved by the Board.
- Members will be reimbursed $40 for a Wilderness First Aid, Advanced Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder class each fiscal year. If funds remain on January 1, the board has discretion to authorize an additional $40 for individuals who have taken a second first aid course in that fiscal year, for a possible total amount of $80 per fiscal year.
- Only Wilderness First Aid, Advanced Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness Responder classes are eligible for first aid training reimbursement. Training can be provided by any accredited organization.
- Prior to registering for a Wilderness First Aid, Advanced Wilderness First Aid, or Wilderness First Responder class, members must obtain prior written or email approval from the Treasurer to ensure suitability of course and adequate funds. The Treasurer will then designate those funds pending completion of the training. Once all funds have been designated, the Treasurer will alert the Board.
- Following training, members will be reimbursed by providing the Treasurer with a detailed certificate of completion and receipt.
- Other types of educational reimbursement must be reviewed and approved by the Board prior to registration.
Request for Education Reimbursement
Complete this form at least one week prior to registration and submit it to the Treasurer via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval and designation of funds. One form can be used for multiple classes if taken at the same time.
- Treasurer will notify the member of approval.
- Following completion of the training class, submit certificate and detailed receipts to the Treasurer.
- Treasurer will issue a check and mail it to the member’s home or deliver it to the member at a meeting.