Trip Policy & Waiver form
- We are adventurers in common. Trip coordinators are not compensated. All participants share in cost equally.
- Membership is required to go on overnight trips, except service (i.e. Extravaganza, trail clearing) trips. Trip coordinators are required to verify current membership; members should provide current membership number.
- Exception to membership rule: Minors (under 18 years of age), who by rule cannot be members, may be allowed to go on trips with the consent of the trip coordinator. The minor must be under the supervision of the adult trip participant who has agreed to be responsible for the minor on the trip. Parent or legal guardian of the minor must sign Trip Waiver and submit to coordinator prior to the trip.
- Trip coordinators connected with both Rovers and another organization wishing to cross-list a trip with both organizations must have approval by the Minnesota Rovers Board of Directors via the Vice President/Trips Coordinator. To be approved, organizations should be structured and have a mission statement or interests that are consistent with our mission statement. Cross- listed trips must comply with all applicable Rover policies and the cross listing must be indicated in all written and verbal announcements.
- Membership is required to coordinate a trip.
- It is the responsibility of the trip coordinators and participants to discover and share information related to each other’s experience and capabilities regarding trip-related activities and responsibilities.
- Trip coordinator may refuse participation to anyone for any reason.
- Trip must be announced at regular meeting or on website.
- Trip deposits are not intended to be refunded (but coordinator may elect do so). Trip surplus food or supplies are divided up after trip, or bought back by purchaser.
- Automobile mileage reimbursement and wear and tear are at the discretion of the driver(s) and decided and agreed upon by all participants at the beginning of the trip. A recommendation would be $0.10 per mile for vehicle owner, who pays his /her share of same. Fuel and oil are separate items.
- The Board has the authority to reject any trip or trip coordinator it deems unsuitable.
- Prospective trip participant is responsible for contacting coordinator. All trip participants are responsible for determining equipment needs and participation in trip planning & ongoing tasks. If a participant must cancel/drop out, participant should provide ample notice to trip coordinator. Refer to Membership handbook for further details.
- Minnesota Rovers will not finance or loan money for trip reservations or other purposes.
- At all Rovers bicycle trips, the coordinator shall strongly recommend all cyclists wear a helmet. If a trip coordinator desires, they may require — rather than recommend — that trip participants wear a helmet.
(Rev June 2016)
Trip Waiver Form (pdf)
Trips Policy (pdf)