Deposits are non-refundable. The trip coordinator may consider returning deposits on cancellation, but details are up to the trip coordinator.
Spring Birding Walks (multiple Wednesdays)
Various Locations, Twin Cities Metro
The walks are on Wednesdays, beginning April 26 with the last scheduled one on Wednesday, May 31 (Note: no scheduled birding walk on May 10). No experience is required, but experienced birders are welcome and encouraged to come and help. We will locate and identify birds, as well as talk about them. No signup is required, just show up. Membership in Rovers is not required, and beginning birders (or those curious to find out what it is about and who does this type of thing) are welcome.
Try not to wear whites or brightly-colored clothing; wear clothing to fit the weather, including boots for potentially muddy trails—pet dogs cannot be included on the walks. Bring binoculars if you have them, a smile, and a friendly attitude. Email or call if you have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org 952-997-2986, 651-283-4477).
April 26 Wednesday 6pm Bass Ponds
May 3 Wednesday 6pm Snail Lake
May 10 No Birding walk scheduled for this week
May 17 Wednesday 6pm Wood Lake Nature Center
May 24 Wednesday 6pm Richardson Nature Center
May 31 Wednesday 6pm Old Cedar Road Bridge
- Bass Ponds is just SE of the Mall of America. At the light on 24th Avenue (extension of Old Shakopee Rd) and 86th Street, turn east one block to a one lane gravel road (that means go straight) for about 70 yards to the parking area.
- Snail Lake Regional Park is located in Shoreview (55126) at 4191 Snail Lake Blvd. Take 694 to Victoria exit (exit 43B). North on Victoria 0.5 mile, past Gramsie Rd to Snail Lake Blvd. Right on Snail Lake Blvd. Continue on Snail Lake Blvd. past large parking lot on left. After road curves, take a left into the second parking lot by the lake.
- Wood Lake Nature Center: Meet at the parking lot for Wood Lake NC in Richfield at 6pm (6710 Lake Shore Dr S Richfield, MN 55423). Basic directions are I35W to W66th Street (=County Rd 53) to Lakeshore Dr. South, with the center on the right (south) side of the road.
- Richardson Nature Center: Meet at the parking lot at 8737 E Bush Lake Rd Bloomington, MN 55438 ((763) 694-7676).
- Old Cedar Road Bridge: Meet at the parking lot at the north end of Old Cedar Road Bridge in Bloomington. This area is also referred to as the Historic Cedar Avenue Minnesota River Crossing and also the Long Meadow Bridge. It can be located by taking E. Old Shakopee Road (24th Ave) in Bloomington either going south from the Mall of America or exiting Cedar Avenue (Highway 77) and head southwest (you may think you are going west) to the first stoplight at Old Cedar Ave S.—turn left toward the River. The Bridge and parking lot is about 0.5 mile down the road.