Jan 1, 2018 — Feb 28, 2018
Looking for a way to embrace winter?
We’ve created our very own MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure to encourage you to get out and play with your fellow MN Rovers!
I know the rules. Show me the locations!
MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure is an eight-week event that runs from Monday, January 1, 2018, through Wednesday, February 28, 2018. There will be a total of nine Rover-style destinations to visit and prizes awarded!
Earn prize entries by visiting any, or all, of the destinations, taking photos from designated landmarks and submitting your photos and contact info to [email protected]. For each submitted verification photo, per location, you will receive one chance for the prize drawing. You must be a Minnesota Rovers member to be eligible for the prize drawing. We will be drawing for one $100 gift card, four $25 gift cards, and other cool prizes!
We want to make this fun! We have chosen destinations that will make fun MN Rovers trips with opportunities for everything from cross-country skiing, to snowshoeing/hiking, to fat-biking, to sledding, to naturalist talks. So we encourage you to coordinate a Minnesota Rovers trip and post it to the Minnesota Rovers website — and earn an additional chance in the prize drawing. And earn yet one more prize entry by submitting an action-shot photo our your group (4 or more Rovers) having fun at the location. After all, the MN Rovers’ slogan is “Want to Play Outside?” — so show us MN Rovers at play!
MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure prize drawings will take place at the MN Rovers meeting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. We will include a presentation featuring the chosen destinations, future trip ideas, and a selection of submitted photos.
On January, 1, 2018 we will release the nine destinations here. So please check back!
Rules & Additional Information for MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure
- You must be a Minnesota Rovers member (by 2/28/17) to be eligible for the prize drawing
- Photos must be submitted between January 1 – February 28, 2018 to [email protected]
- Photos must include designated sign or landmark
- How to earn up to three prize entries per location:
- One entry for each location verification photo showing you at designated landmark photo (one entry for each person submitting via email – cannot submit for other people)
- One entry for coordinating a Minnesota Rovers trip that appears on the Minnesota Rovers website
- One entry for an additional photo, per location, showing 4 or more Rovers having fun at that location — somewhere other than the verification photo please — the theme is something fun that we might use for publicity, so we don’t want you in front of a sign! (this photo must be different for each person submitting, even if slightly different, and must be submitted along with the verification photo)
- Just for kicks — Debra has a new HydroFlask red 12oz coffee flask for the photo that she feels is the best for a Minnesota Rovers slideshow!
- By sending your photo you give permission for it to be used for any Minnesota Rovers marketing purposes.
- You do not need to be present at the March 13, 2018, program to win a prize, however,
- If you are not present for the prize drawing, you will be notified via email, and must pick up your prize at a Tuesday night Minnesota Rovers program by April 17, 2018 — or it will be forfeited.
Posting your photos on social media? No extra prize entries, but we’d love it if you used hashtags #mnrovers #trailheadadventure
For questions, please contact the trip coordinators:
Debra: [email protected]
Shelly: [email protected]
MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure Locations
We are keeping it local for this first ever MN Rovers Trailhead Adventure event!
We have selected one destination in each of the 7 Twin Cities metro counties, and two MN State Parks within a 2-hour drive of St. Paul, MN.
|Park Name||Photo Proof Required|
|Bunker Hills Regional Park||You at trail sign with map|
|Como Park Conservatory||You inside the Conservatory|
|French Lake Regional Park||You at trail sign with map, or little house in playground|
|Lake Elmo Regional Park||You at trail sign with trail name|
|Lowry Nature Center||You at trail sign with map|
|Mille Lacs Kathio State Park||You at trail sign with map|
|Minneopa State Park||You at trail sign with map|
|Murphy Hanrehan Park Reserve||You at trail sign with map|
|Whitetail Woods Regional Park||You at trail sign with map|
From skiing to snowshoeing to sledding to guided hikes, to candlelight events, and yes, even one spot that is an escape from winter — you can choose your own adventure or sign up for some already set up at these parks. More information can be found on each of these destinations on their websites.
We have compiled some information, on each destination, to spur your trip ideas:
Remember, you get points in the prize drawing for submitting by Feb. 28, 2018 to [email protected]:
- Photo proof for one of our destinations
- Another photo of 4 or more Rovers having fun in one of our destinations (submitted at same time as photo proof)
- Posting a trip to one of our destinations on the Rover webpageand we couldn’t resist offering:
- One bonus point for a photo of you attending a “Candlelight Ski & Dog Sled” event at Baylor Regional Park in Carver County (Jan. 20 or Feb. 10)
Enjoy the great outdoors this winter! And remember to drive safe, dress in layers, wonder at the beauty of nature, and play outdoors!
Your Trailhead Adventure instigators,
Shelly & Debra