Garlic Mustard Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package dry leek or onion soup mix
- 1 4 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 6 cups garlic mustard (leaves only, cleaned)
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread
- In half inch of water, cook greens till wilted, about 1 minutes. When cool enough to handle, squeeze excess water out. Chop coarsely and let cool more if still warm.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped garlic mustard. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mixture. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.