- Max Trip Size: 4 people
If you intend to attend you must inform Rob via email no later than Friday by noon.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE TOWN
- clothes that allow full mobility and can stand a little abuse
- It’s usually good to have a light jacket handy (in the car) as it can get cool
- DO NOT WEAR FLIP-FLOPS to get to climbing area (terrain can be hazardous)
- Your personal climbing gear if you own it (harness, shoes, belay tool, helmet)
- ROVERS WILL PROVIDE ALL CLIMBING GEAR IF YOU HAVE NONE
- FULL WATER BOTTLE
- FINGER FOOD (optional) which you can bring down or leave in car til needed
- CASH for dining out afterwards at local bar/restaurant or ice cream shop
From the Twin Cities head North on 35 to just past Forest Lake
Exit onto Hwy 8 (one way) continue til you get to Taylors Falls
Turn right into the parking lot just before bridge to Wisconsin
60-90 minutes. You’ll need a MN State Park pass.
The parking lot is a large oval. You enter one end, we climb somewhere beyond the far end.
There’s a kiosk near the outdoor drinking fountain at the far end of parking lot and one panel of it shows the MN side climbing areas by name. (Handy only if we’ve stated which area we’ll be in but not likely.)
Most of the climbing areas are just down the ‘path’ (actually a road) and within ¼ mile of lot.
This means you can access your vehicle within a couple minutes’ walk so you can keep your valuables and you cooler (if you bring one) locked up.
After parking you can call Rob to get our specific location. CELL: 651-230-2277
If I don’t answer, wait a minute or two then call back (if I didn’t hear it I won’t check messages)
FILL OUT A CLIMBING ‘PERMIT’ (free) while you wait
Blank permits are in the kiosk nearest the park office building (which has restrooms).
If you are interested in learning (or just seeing) the set up process you’re welcome to.
We typically arrive early as it can take an hour or more to select an area and set up climbs.