- Estimated Cost: $50
- Deposit: $15
- Max Trip Size: 20 people
2nd Annual Brunet Island State Park paddling and cycling trip
Brunet Island State Park, on the Chippewa and Fisher rivers, offers more than 1,300 acres of scenic beauty and recreational opportunities. Quiet lagoons and channels are excellent for canoeing and wildlife watching. The rolling landscape in Chippewa County is a product of the most recent Ice Age. The park links to the Old Abe State Trail which runs from Cornell to Chippewa Falls.
Come join us in the north campground. The north campground is literally on the water and you can launch a kayak or canoe directly from most of the sites! The Old Abe State Trail is a 20 mile paved bike trail accessible directly from the park. There’s also a cute tourist town nearby with shops and restaurants. I’ve booked 5 adjoining campsites on the lagoon to fit a total of 20 Rovers.
We will provide shared meals from Friday evening dinner to Sunday morning breakfast. Food and meals are provided (Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast), with each Rover participant required to team up to prepare and serve one meal.
- Campsite: $15 (deposit required to register)
- Food: Approximately $35 (deposit due June 14, 2023)
- Note: Deposits are non-refundable unless a waitlist participant takes your vacated spot.
- Carpooling Required. Limited to 2 cars per campsite (10 total!)
- Bring 1-2 bundles of local firewood per person to share for group camp fires.
- Bring your own kayak or canoe, or borrow a boat from the Rovers equipment locker. Many Rovers have multiple boats. Note in the in the trip roster if you have extra boats or need a boat.
- Bring your own equipment (tent, sleeping bag, etc.). All food will be served “Rovers style,” meaning that you must bring and clean your own plate/bowl/flatware/napkin/cup.
- I’ll arrive at the campsites by 3pm. Please show up before 9pm so that we respect the campground policy of no setups or take-downs between 10pm and 6am.
- I’m looking for volunteers to coordinate group activities over the weekend (biking, hiking, paddling, Leinie Lodge visit, etc.). Let me know if you’re willing to volunteer!