Let’s do a sunset and moonlight paddle on on Saturday evening, June 18, on the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes. Start at 5:30 p.m. at Thomas Beach (south shore of Lake Calhoun). Paddle to Brownie Lake and return to Calhoun for a dinner stop at The Tin Fish to watch the sun fade (note: be prepared to stand in the ordering line for a while). After dinner, paddle under moonlight back to the put-in. Lake Calhoun. Those paddling from Thomas Beach can meet up with you.
You can rent a boat or paddleboard from Wheel Fun Rentals on the NE side of
Timings: – Meet at beach: 5:30
– Start paddling: 5:45-ish
– Rent your boat if needed: 6:00-ish
– Meet boat renters at Wheel Fun: 6:10-ish
– Moonrise is 7:18 p.m. (moon should be nearly full)
– Sunset is 9:03 p.m.
– Tin Fish closes at 9 p.m.
– Wheel Fun Rentals closes at sunset. Last rental goes out 1 hour prior to close.
Regulations require 1 light per boat, so bring a headlamp or other suitable light.