Join Rovers from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for a Garlic Mustard Pull & Harvest event at Silverwood Park in St. Anthony, MN. Really, the harvesting part is optional but I’ve heard it makes a great pesto! Below is some information about the pull provided by Three Rivers:
- Volunteers work in wooded areas with uneven terrain and will be hand pulling garlic mustard to remove all above and below ground plant parts.
- Removal sites are off trail and/or may be in remote areas of the park. Therefore, volunteers must arrive on time or early at the designated meeting location. The group is then led to removal sites.
- Volunteers must come prepared for the weather and bring something to drink (and snacks, if desired). Water and restroom facilities will necessitate a hike or drive.
- Training, equipment, and spare gloves are provided at the start of each session, but it is recommended to bring your own preferred work gloves.
- Dress to get dirty and wear comfortable, sturdy closed-toe shoes (no sandals) with long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Be aware that poison ivy, ticks, mosquitoes, hornets, etc. may be found in some areas of our parks. Use bug spray, learn to identify and avoid poison ivy and check after walking through vegetation.
- The minimum age for participation is 8. Youth must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult/8 youth 8-14 years). A permission form is needed for participation by minors.
After the pull, let’s replenish those calories by socializing at one of the restaurants nearby like Culver’s! I’m open to any of the other locations, but Cement mixers…just saying 😉
Please contact Brian to RSVP and let him know if you would be interested in carpooling.
Estimated cost: $0. Deposit: $0. Max trip size: N/A.
Sponsoring organization: Three Rivers Park District