- Max Trip Size: 50 people
All backpackers welcome! Beginners, experienced, new members, and in between! The more we mingle, the better. Potluck starts at 5pm and goes until 8pm. I will arrive around 4pm to start setting up.
The MN Rovers thrive on community and relationships. This is what makes us AWESOME. Come grow our awesome community of backpackers by simply having a meal and a beer while getting to know other awesome backpackers. Come chat about upcoming trips, and plan other future Rover backpacking trips.
- Potluck goes from 5-8pm. I will arrive early for any required setup.
- This is a potluck. Bring what you want for food.
- Bring your own dish and flatware. This is Rovers style!
- BYOB, alcohol not provided, but allowed – No glass, no hard alcohol. Beer and wine only. Bring your own cooler.
- There is no entry fee for Locke County Park (June 11 potluck). We still encourage you to carpool!
- No electric available at this shelter. Please plan accordingly.
- I recommend bringing a camp chair in case we run out of seating.
- As with most Rovers day events, you must either be a current Rovers member or sign a liability waiver on our web page if you’re not a current member.
RSVP required. Once you contact me, I will provide access to our google sheet to record what you’re bringing. Please note what you will be bringing to help others plan. Let’s get a good variety – meat, meatless, vegetables, deserts, etc.
No cost other than sharing a dish with your awesome backpacking friends. The shelter cost me $80. Donations accepted on the day of the event, but donation is not required. Suggested donation of $5 per person/couple, pay only what you can afford ($0 acceptable!) and don’t feel obligated. I will stop accepting donations once the shelter has been paid for. If you would still like to donate after the shelter is paid for, please consider donating to the following organizations in any amount you can afford:
Locke County Park, Pavilion 2
840 71st Ave. NE, Fridley, MN, 55432