- Max Trip Size: 12 people
We will paddle and portage through some of the lakes in Lebanon Hills. We will do the longer lakes and shorter portages. We will plan to paddle through Jensen Lake, Sedge Pond, Beaver Pond, Lily Pound and Obrien Lake, doing 3 portages, have lunch and then return back to the start. The longest portage will be 23 rods/0.07 miles. We could decide to do more or less portages. We will be out for a few hours. This is a good practice for the BWCA.
Meet at the Jensen Lake Parking Lot (not visitor center) – end nearest the lake.
Non-members welcome but please sign the online liability form below.
Please contact me ahead of time if you have questions or if you are coming, so I know who to look out for. Also, if you have a canoe and need a partner, or if you don’t have a boat and you want to partner, let me know.
- PFD’s must be worn
- Renting boats at the park for this trip is not possible
- As this is a day trip you don’t need to be a Rover member, but if you are not then you will need to fill out a liability form down below
- It could be buggy, the portages could be muddy and we may run into giant snapping turtles!
- If it is stormy on the day we will cancel
- If close to 100% forecast of storms I will cancel the day before on website & e-group
- Bring a lunch
- Rover members could borrow a boat from the equipment locker but you will have to arrange really soon. https://mnrovers.org/sign-up/equipment/
Address and location map here: https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks/parksTrails/LebanonHills/Pages/jensen-lake-map.aspx
Best map for “canoe route” here (right/east section): https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks/Documents/LebanonHillsSummerTrailWallMap.pdf