- You must know how to swim to borrow a kayak or canoe.
- Single kayak users must be 18 years or older.
- Canoes must have one person 18 years or older; 3 person maximum in canoe plus small children not to exceed weight limit of boat.
- EVERYONE must wear a correctly fitted PFD/Lifejacket at all times, including when entering and leaving the canoe/kayak.
- Do not exceed boat weight limits.
- Kayaking or Canoeing should be taken seriously.
- Be alert to the conditions and your surroundings at all times.
- Rivers and lakes will at times have strong current and wind conditions.
- Weather & other circumstances can change quickly.
- Always take a conservative, safety conscious approach when making decisions on the water.
The following short videos are recommended resources to help keep you safe on the water.
- Sizing a Life Jacket
- Episode 1: Life Jackets
- Episode 2: What to Wear
- Episode 3: Essential Paddling Gear
- Episode 4: How to Paddle Your Kayak
I agree to the following:
- I am not currently under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at this time and I will not be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol while using the watercraft.
- I will not allow others in my party/group to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol while using the watercraft.
- I understand that I am responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of the equipment from checkout to check in, including during transportation. I understand that I am responsible for securing the boat to my vehicle.
- I understand that the standard MN Rovers liability waiver applies to this activity. I previously agreed to the standard Minnesota Rovers liability waiver when I purchased a Minnesota Rovers membership.
(Rev. September 2018)Download Watercraft Checkout and Use Agreement